flex-users mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: who Open HTML in the Flex ?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:54:39 GMT
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Alain Ekambi <jazzmatadazz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dont get me wrong i have nothing against the component.
> It looks great and probably deserves the price.
>
> It s the idea that i have to pay some money to display HTML inside a web
> app that does nt sound right to me.
> If something is going to run in the browser one would expect it will be
> able to display HTML
> and operate well with JavaScript.No ?
>
> "I still have dreams of rendering HTML as Flash display objects.  I posted
> prototype of that years ago and started a re-write just before the big
> change.  I think I may actually get back to it as part of the FlexJS stuff
> way in the future."
>
> I m looking forward to seeing that in action

Web is not HTML alone.  You have css, images, javascript and even swf
files.  Unless Flash Player ships with Webkit inside it, there is no way
that we can get all web pages to display properly inside a Flex app.

These components we are talking about employ a clever hack by making an
area transparent and loading the web page inside an iframe at the same
exact location.  And it is not without its problems.

I dont think it is a sound enough technique for us to bake it into the Flex
framework.

Thanks,
Om