flex-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Flash builder 4.7 editor seems a lot slower than Flash Builder 4.5
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:27:21 GMT
I am also using FB 4.7 and I really think the FlashBuilder could be better.
I have a lot of projects and one of the web-projects is a little bit bigger (the compiled
swf is 8 MB).
It takes up to 40 Seconds for compiling and uses up to 4 GB of RAM. (it's good to change the
eclipse.ini ;-) )

And in FB4.7 I have some annoying bugs:
- it shows me that the import XXXX is not used locally, but the import IS used locally
- it shows me that the resource xxxx does not exist, but the file actually exists and
  is found when I clicked the class a second time

Will there be a next version of FB or even a bug-fix of the current issues in FB? I am
wondering why FB has this still issues. I know Adobe dropped the development of
the Flex SDK, but I thought the FB is still used for the new Adobe game development
strategy, right? Ok, so I am really considering to use IntelliJ IDEA for developing.

What is the majority here on the list using for development? I thought FB (as eclipse-plugin)
is the best choice, because I can code other files (php, HTML, Java....) of my project in
the same IDE.

Thanks

Marcus