flex-users mailing list archives

From Greg Huddleston <ghuddles...@reachips.com>
Subject RE: who Open HTML in the Flex ?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 23:14:37 GMT
Perhaps this may useful for the orig poster of the request, as I did something in Jan of a
similar nature for a Flex Mobile Project I was working on for a medical conference...

For a Flex Mobile project I just created I used (part-of) a component package @ https://code.google.com/p/flexcapacitor/
used the (badly named because of iOS) ->" WebView "

Download it out of github from the URL above and unzip.

a) (what I did),

	Place the component in this path in your project (flexprojectxxx/src/com.flexcapacitor.controls)
	Inside of this put Webview.as (I presume other components from this package would go here
if you wanted them/needed them

b) Next
	Inside script code (I call it on initializerload to load first 'web' page into my view":

	<fx:Script>
		<CDATA[
		import events.flexevent;
		public var remotepage0:String = "http://labs.adobe.com";
		public function onViewInitialize():void {
			webView1.source - remotepage0;
		} //end of onViewInitialize

	protected function button0_clickhandler(event:MouseEvent):void {
		`webView1.source =remotepage0;
	}

	Or alternatively you could do-a:

	protected function button1_clickhandler(event:MouseEvent):void {
		navigator.pushview(vew.testview1)  // and place the 'code' that in button0_clickhandler
in the view (again depending on what type of flex project you are outputting here)
	}

	... ect ect...

I put my CSS, images and html in a flat folder structure and accessed it that way fine in
the HTML.

Think that might be enough to get you going if this components function fits your exact needs.

One more thing.  For Flex Mobile -> Android <- this wont work exactly unless you COPY
the HTML content, CSS images first at initialization time, then call that the function as
this is the way Android OS works (probably for protection reasons).  Google around for threads
dealing with this issue IF it is needed for your particular project (not sure about iOS as
I have no device to test any of these behaviors against) as my project was purely Android.

Also note, I have zero affiliation with the makers of this code.  I just used it and it worked
for me and it was zero cost.

Hope this helps.  Cheers //GH  (Huddleston.greg@gmail.com)