flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 4.6 vs 4.9 build file size
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 07:16:17 GMT

On 2/8/13 11:11 PM, "grimmwerks" <grimm@grimmwerks.com> wrote:

> AH that makes sense.  And since I'm not doing anything post 4.6, probably best
> to flip it back.
Not sure what you mean here, but using 4.9 with RSLs won't help as much as
using 4.6 with RSLs.  With signed RSLs for 4.6, there is a chance that those
RSLs might be loaded already by some other Flex app, but for 4.9, that would
only happen if you have more than one Flex SWF on your domain.

> Curious Alex (cause I'm posting this next) - do you know of any docs on
> setting multibitrate sources on VideoDisplay in actionscript?   For some
> reason (haven't been working on flex the past year) - I've forgotten how to
> have a fullscreen high rez (ie not small scaled up to fullscreen) video with
> an overlay - ie like youtube does with the ad?

I don't know anything about the video part.  Maybe someone else will answer.