flex-users mailing list archives

From Jim Powell <powell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future of Flex technology
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:26:03 GMT
There is a perception that data could actually mean something, while I have
been working on my Doctorate over the past years, I have learned this is
not always true.  There is a report out that world-wide Microsoft products
only appear on 42% of the computers.  This is a fully accurate statement,
no bias, however, it does include countries where it is illegal to own
Microsoft products and countries where it is illegal for Microsoft to sell
products.  Although the data is accurate, it is not really correct in that
there could be a significant change if those countries were opened to a
choice.  Within my dissertation, I could very easily assert things which
aren't really true, but I have data to back them up, I won't, but I could.
 Good data can be manipulated to show anything you like if you are willing
to show the correlation available in it.  For example, Stanford just
released a study that shows there are no health benefits to Organic food,
the pro-organic people took the data and produced a report showing how good
it is for you.  Same data, different perspective!  In this thread there
seems to be both pro and con, with no verifiable data for either side being
produced meaning there is no real argument involved other than opinion.

*Jim Powell, MSIST*
Schedule time on my calendar at http://meetme.so/jimpowell

[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/powelljf3> [image:
Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/powelljf3> [image:
LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=77116609> [image: Google
Plus] <https://plus.google.com/118350861201230142936> [image:
foursquare]<https://foursquare.com/user/435086> [image:
goodreads] <http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8945782-jim>
Contact me: [image: Google Talk] powelljf3@gmail.com [image: Google Talk]
powelljf3@frailmoon.com [image: MSN] powelljf3@hotmail.com [image: Y!
Messenger] powelljf3@yahoo.com [image: ICQ] 83121506 [image: Skype]powelljf3
[image: My QR VCard]
Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.
 Create your free signature:
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=33&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_33>
CLICK
HERE!<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=33&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_33>