flex-users mailing list archives

From Elena Geller <elena.gel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex Tutorials on Apache Flex Homepage
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:46:50 GMT
I have no doubt, too, and I can donate a code. My problem is my awful English, that's why I
can produce a bad text, in hope, that it is at least understandable.

On 10.02.2013, at 22:21, Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com> wrote:

> If you want to take the effort to re-work the tutorial to use more updated APIs and/or
code; I have no doubt that Apache Flex would love the donation.

> On 2/10/2013 2:05 PM, Elena Geller wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> A new Apache Flex Homepage is awesome and well designed, but I find that the tutorials
are pretty outdated. I think it'd important to have a up-to-dated content.
>> For example, a tutorial about Flash/Flex Maps is old, the source code of library
for modest maps had last changes in 2009. But we can use an excellent API from Mapquest and
there is an interesting article about it: http://devgirl.org/2011/12/06/flex-mobile-development-adding-maps-with-mapquest-flash-api-w-sample-app/
>> I was playing around with Mapquest API and found the result good enough. A last release
came in 2012, that looks much better than 2009.