flex-users mailing list archives

From "Terry Corbet" <tcor...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Worker/Mutex/Condition
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 02:20:18 GMT
I suppose this is an answer to the OP question, but it does not seem so to
me.

When workers were introduced/tested/released, I went through the Beta cycle
and subsequently devoloped multi-worker AIR applications layering the AIR
SDK atop the last available Flex SDK from Adobe.

In the time since, I, like I presume most, have been waiting to see whether
or not we can get back to that state of affairs using the Apache Flex SDK
with the most current AIR SDK layered from Adobe.  Our current understanding
is that yes, we can 'sort of try it', but because the new AAC2 Compiler
cannot handle our Spark Componentry when injected via MXML, we really are
not yet back to square one.  As far as I can tell, the same ambiguity now
exists with regards to Workers.

Can someone post an official, unambiguous answer to where these key
capabilities stand?

It is painfully clear that the Gaming Product Manager for all things
Actionscript is doing his best to distance his team's efforts from those of
the Flex community.  The Spoon folks wanted this challenge; will the Spoon
and/or Adobe folks please stand up and give us their answer to where things
stand especially since the release of the last, verbose, unhelpful Statement
of Direction from Adobe since the killing off of ActionScript Next.