flex-users mailing list archives

From Harbs <gavha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future of Flex technology
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:52:12 GMT
Huh?

You can compile MXML to AIR today. Who said anything about not supporting that?

If you are talking about the Falcon Compiler (which is not required for compiling to AIR),
the work for MXML compilation is currently being finished by Gordon Smith. That's near-term
support. The HTML /JS support is a longer term goal. I've never seen any indication to cause
your concerns.

Harbs

On Feb 28, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Terry Corbet wrote:

> Why is it that you fail to see that each time you advertize your rush to cross-compiling
MXML to HTML/CSS/Javascript and never provide status concerning the compilation of MXML to
run in the AIR environment you are causing the very anxiety that we all deal with?  You know
that your employer is going to stop shipping the old compiler in favor of the new compiler.
You know that the Gaming Guru will not let any resource be devoted to having the new compiler
successfully compile Flex, i.e. Spark Components.  So, exactly where are we supposed to feel
confident that the Apache Flex project will let us maintain 'parity' [your favoirite word]
in regards to compiling our AIR MXML applications with the new compiler?  I have every reason
to believe that you will achieve your objective, which is to have the Falcon work let you
cross-compile to the environment that you believe has future possibilities, and, as long as
one person is on loan one day per week, to get MXML compilation working, not much reason whatsoever
to believe that on-going developoment of AIR applictions has a future.