flex-users mailing list archives

From Greg Huddleston <ghuddles...@reachips.com>
Subject RE: use flex to create picture (JPG or PNG) files from a PDF?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 20:59:08 GMT
2/23/2013 @ 1 pm PT

Hi Lucas and all... (I am new to the group and thought I would take a stab at your ?)

Re:  convert PDF to pages.

Not sure how to approach this inside a FLEX/AS3 app -- but I do know how you can do it offline
using ImageMagik

If interested in this approach, Install Imagemagik for your platform then issue a convert
command  similar to the one below (like this depending on your general needs),

Example:

   Home:\ or   C:\  or ...     convert.exe c:\xampp\htdocs\bookdrop\test.pdf -units PixelsPerInch
-colorspace RGB -density 900x900 -quality 90 c:\xampp\htdocs\assets\%%d.jpg

Will pick apart a PDF and make test00.jpg, text01.jpg etc etc

All for free...  I presume convert has a switch of some sort to go from PDF -> single-image
if that's what you need/want.

Obviously not flex/air related, but depending on your environment, perhaps you can logically
kick off some sort of System("convert.exe . . . ") let the outside process perform what you
need, and read in the IMG using something like StageWebView(), upon a completionEvent of some
sort.

Just a thought   Cheers //GH