flex-users mailing list archives

From Tom Chiverton ...@extravision.com>
Subject skin part type must be assignable error
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:01:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to build a project that is fine with the Adobe 4.1A SDK using
the Apache 4.9 SDK, and the only thing that is tripping it up so far
that I haven't been able to explain is a PureMVC Mediator we have that says

                 (facade.retrieveMediator(AdminPanelMediator.NAME) as
AdminPanelMediator).homepage = mainPage as EVMainContainer;

I get a compile error reported in the latest Flash Builder saying
"Implicit coercion of a value of type
com.ev.global.view.components:EVMainContainer to an unrelated type
com.ev.global.view.components:EVMainContainer.    "
Which doesn't seem right, as I'm casting from the type to the same type ?

homepage is defined :
          public function set homepage(value:EVMainContainer):void
and mainPage likewise:
         public var mainPage : EVMainContainer;

Is this a compiler error, or is something in my syntax tripping it up ?
Removing ' as EVMainContainer' doesn't help. There is only one
EVMainContainer class in the project.

--
extravision Signature
*Tom Chiverton* | Lead Developer | Extravision

.
Registered in the UK at : 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD. Registration number: 05017214 VAT: GB 824 5386 19

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error please notify us immediately and destroy this
e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any
attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your own risk.