flex-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: SDK 4.9 vs SDK 4.x compilation time in IDEA
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:57:03 GMT
Hi,
IntelliJ IDEA Built-in compiler shell is future-compatible and it
already supports Apache Flex SDK 4.9. To have it working please check
following:
- Uncheck 'Use external build' at Settings/Prefereces | Compiler (this
step won't be needed in IntelliJ IDEA 12.1, see details [1])
- Make sure 'Built-in compiler shell' is checked at Settings/Prefereces
| Compiler | Flex Compiler
- Make sure that all Flash build configurations of all modules use the
same SDK (Project Structure dialog). If there are 2 or more different
SDKs IntelliJ IDEA switches to mxmlc/compc processes.

I'll give some more comments for your issue in YouTrack [2]

[1] http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-98096
[2] http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-100559

Alexander Doroshko
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

On 06.02.2013 15:38, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made some benchmarks compiling the same project with SDK 4.1 and SDK 4.9 using
IDEA (12.0.3).

> As you may know, IDEA has a super-fast built-in flex compiler, but unfortunately, it
is not (yet?) compatible with SDK 4.9,