flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: CFF fonts render bolder in Apache 4.9 over Adobe 4.1a
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:03:34 GMT
Font embed library is not and will not be donated. When using Apache flex you have to install
the adobe library otherwise the font won't embed and I think it will appear thicker.

Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

Tom Chiverton <tc@extravision.com> wrote:

We have a style sheet that does, in part,

        @font-face {
            src: url("assets/trebuchet.ttf");
            fontFamily: "Trebuchet";
            embedAsCFF: true;
        }
        s|Label
        {
            fontFamily: Trebuchet;
            fontLookup: embeddedCFF;
            font-size: 12px;
            color: #333333;
        }

in order to get the look we wanted in in earlier Flex versions.
When compiling with the latest Apache release, all our fonts come our bolder - see http://oi48.tinypic.com/t8an9c.jpg
which has 4.9 on top, 4.1 on the bottom.

Is this to be expected ? I thought the font rendering was all donated from Adobe now so should
match up ?
--
Tom Chiverton | Lead Developer | Extravision
T: 0161 817 2922 | W: www.extravision.com<http://www.extravision.com> | T: twitter.com/extravision<http://twitter.com/extravision>
| E: tchiverton@extravision.com<mailto:tchiverton@extravision.com>
.
.
 A fresh approach to email marketing

.
Registered in the UK at : 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street, Manchester, M15 4LD. Registration
number: 05017214 VAT: GB 824 5386 19

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify
us immediately and destroy this e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose,
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments. Any views
or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Extravision Ltd. E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. Accordingly, this e-mail and any
attachments are opened at your own risk.