flex-users mailing list archives

From grimmwerks <gr...@grimmwerks.com>
Subject Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 23:45:27 GMT
So normally with a VideoDisplay it's done like this:
<s:VideoPlayer id="myPlayer"
        width="500" height="300">
        <s:source>
            <s:DynamicStreamingVideoSource id="mySVS"
                host="rtmp://fmsexamples.adobe.com/vod/">
                <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem id="dreamgirl150"
                    streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_150.f4v"
                    bitrate="150" />
                <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem id="dreamgirl500"
                    streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_500.f4v"
                    bitrate="500" />
                <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem id="dreamgirl1000"
                    streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_1000.f4v"
                    bitrate="1000" />
            </s:DynamicStreamingVideoSource>
        </s:source>
    </s:VideoPlayer>

Any ideas on how that would happen with Actionscript?  I'm guessing something akin to:

private function init(){
	var dsvs:DynamicStreamingVideoSource = new DynamicStreamingVideoSource();
	var dsvi:DynamicStreamingItem = new DynamicStreamingItem('ds1', 150);
	dsvi.streamName = 'xxx';
	dsvs.streamItems.push(dsvi);
}

On Feb 9, 2013, at 2:00 PM, David Coleman wrote:

> no, it won't scale.  It should use native desktop resolution.  then you can code specifically
to use a different stream.  Think about how you tube looks... the movie might be pixelated,
but the controls at the bottom are displayed in your native resolution.  You just have to
code your app to do what you want.

> Good luck w/the snow!
>
> -Dave
>
>> From: grimm@grimmwerks.com
>> Subject: Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with
overlay..
>> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 13:42:26 -0500
>> To: users@flex.apache.org
>>
>> That doesn't just make the app scale the view to fullscreen? I'll try it; it's been
awhile.

>> But first I've gotta dig myself out of the 38" of snow we got last night.
>>

>> Garry Schafer
>> grimmwerks
>> grimm@grimmwerks.com
>> portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/
>>

>> On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:13 AM, David Coleman <david_coleman_007@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried using the fullscreen functionality of the app as opposed to the
component.  Send the APP fullscreen, then you should have the ability to layer whatever you
want.

but