flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Flex SDK on Linux
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 03:29:52 GMT
Hi,

OK I just tried a very simple test and it looks like it works out of the box on Linux!

1. Untar binary distribution of Apache Flex

2. Configure SDK
I cheated a little here just to get it work:
a) Copied the flex-conf.xml file from /ide/config/flex-config.xml to /frameworks
b) Create the directory frameworks/libs/player/11.1 and copied the 11.1 playerglobal.swc here.

3. Create file and test
a) Created a simple mxml file consisting of an application a Label and a code block
b) Compiled file using bin/mxml

./bin/mxmlc test.mxml
/home/ec2-user/flex/apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin/bin/test.swf (253181 bytes)

The swf run and displayed correctly.

This was on a amazon linux micro instance and I was using Apache Flex 4.9.1 but should be
no issues with 4.9.0.

Justin