flex-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Line" <markl...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Portable Execution
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:22:32 GMT
If you know the target machine will already have adobe air installed you could manually create
an installer, using something like Wix.

That way you could get away without need admin permissions.

I *think* adobe air needs admin rights as its installed for all users

-----Original Message-----
From: jank87 [mailto:jank87@informatik.uni-bremen.de]
Sent: 18 February 2013 10:12
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Portable Execution

Hi,

As a researcher I want to deploy an Air-Application in a way, that it's runnable without installation
or administrative rights in Windows environment. This has mostly to do with field testing,
where no information is available, if administrative rights will be granted or not. The apache-flex
website as well as Adobe's website do not really provide any hint if that's possible or if
there is a ticket to work towards this feature. Any help/hint would be awesome!

Best,
Jan