flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: linux sdk install help?
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:19:42 GMT

On 1/27/13 1:36 AM, "Brad Neufeld" <neufeldb4@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I have completed my current project, I would be happy to test a linux
> distribution as well.  It is my preferred environment and I had to setup a
> virtual machine just to run XP and Flex.  It would be great to get rid of that
> extra step.
Remember that Apache Flex is not in charge of the Flash Builder IDE.  What
SDK dependencies caused you to have to use XP in the past?

> I was never clear what the specific technical hurdles were that Adobe was
> unable to overcome in order to port to Linux, and I hope we do not find out
> that the problem is much more intractable than one might think.
I'm pretty sure folks used Adobe Flex on Linux without Flash Builder and
without XP VMs.  For now, I'm looking for help seeing if we can make the Mac
OSX binary distribution work on Linux.  Hope you can help.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team