flex-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Jones <Timothy.Jo...@syniverse.com>
Subject RE: Running Flex application on Linux
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:40:35 GMT
I think Stephen means that version 9 was the latest versions the flash ALTERNATIVES supported.
I'm guessing he means open-source projects like LightSpark[1] and GNASH [2].  Stephen, I would

like to know the details, as I am interested in Flash alternatives as well.

tlj

[1] http://lightspark.github.com/
[2] http://gnashdev.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:19 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running Flex application on Linux

On 1/25/13 6:11 AM, "Stephen Cattaneo" <stephen@mymessage.us> wrote:

> Is there anyway to run a compiled flex swf on linux? I have a project
> that I would like to run this on a rasberryPI. I have looked into
> flash player alternatives but they seem to stop at supporting version
> 9. My backup plan to do use Android on a AllWinner device.
>
> I would like to keep my investment into Flex for as long as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen C
> -All of my email addresses go to the same place -Save Paper, think
> before you print
The Adobe site says there is an 11.2 for Linux.  That should be sufficient to run Flex for
the forseeable future.

Meanwhile, we are working on getting Flex apps on a new framework to run in the browser without
flash, and on mobile devices with Cordova/PhoneGap and maybe even natively.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team