flex-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: AW: tracking down where "[trace] null" statements are comming from?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:48:02 GMT
Is it possible to monkey-patch trace() to substitute your own version, and set a breakpoint
in it?

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Montoya [mailto:montoyland@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:02 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: AW: tracking down where "[trace] null" statements are comming from?

Hey Chris,

This may be a long shot, but how about using a an swf decompiler? I remember ising Trillix
awhile back and was very impressed by the amount of detail provided in the diagnostics - It
may pinpoint the source of your trace statement...

Cheers!

On Jan 23, 2013, at 11:46 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi Omar,
>
> thanks for that input ... I knew that "trace" is a Flash function.  I
> was simply hoping for some guru here to give me a hint to the
> "ultimate way to debug this" ;-) As it would help quite a lot ...
> especially when having AMF serialization/deserialization problems (The
> other type of problems that seem to be really hard to debug)
>
> Chris
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

If the source isn't available then you're probably out of luck. Or you can try a decompiler.