flex-users mailing list archives

From Russell Warren <r...@perspexis.com>
Subject Re: Using FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication in class init code (or: "how do you set default styles for an AS3 component?")
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:43:58 GMT
I did actually consider a callLater-like hack something like that, but
wasn't sure what would be happening in the mean time.  eg: would some
instances get instantiated without having their style defaults set first?
 I wasn't sure and testing whether that behaviour would work in all cases
would be tricky, so I didn't even try.  I didn't want to go from
known-flaky code to uncertain flaky code! :)

Of course, If that is sure to work I'd be all over it... thanks for the
suggestion!

I've stuffed CSS type selectors in appropriate places and removed the
code-based defaults and it seems to be working reliably (for the moment?)...