flex-users mailing list archives

From João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple ways of generating objects.
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:23:17 GMT
Recently we needed to improve our app when it comes to generate dynamic
views based on a descriptor. Currently I'm changing our engine to create
elements similar to what the compiler & SDK does. The problem is, it uses
different approaches based on the type of containers. If it's a MX
container it will use childDescriptors, if it's a SkinnableContainer it
will use mxmlContentFactory and if it's a regular Group it will generate
directly by using mxmlContent property. My question is, isn't there a
better way?

--

João Fernandes