flex-users mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: licensing
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:48:35 GMT

On Jun 28, 2012, at 7:11 AM, Zand, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company would like to modify and distribute the code in the incubator flex project.
My question is whether the Apache 2.0 license applies even though the project is only in the
incubator stage.

Once the project has made a release, then that Source Release will certainly be using the
Apache License. Exceptions are noted in the LICENSE file and required copyright statements
in the NOTICE. But until there is a release these files have not been reviewed sufficiently
to know for sure.

Your modifications may be worth contributing back to the project, but that is your company's
choice to do so and this project's choice to accept.

Regards,
Dave