flex-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Fairley <jfair...@levelsbeyond.com>
Subject Re: What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:51:13 GMT
Skipping to the end...

I'm very excited about Flex moving to Apache. Though I don't have time to
contribute, myself, I know there are many great coders out there with some
great components. For instance, my company has been using some of Tink's
components for a while now. The ones I've used are solid, and I'm thrilled
that such good components from him and others will be able to get into the
SDK.

In addition, though I'm not sure how much work is going into it, I'm happy
to see that at least a few people have interest in getting the SDK into a
maven repo (hopefully into Maven Central). That's a big deal for our
projects, since all of our builds come from with FlexMojos. Adobe was
clearly not interested in Maven, so I have hope now with Apache in control.

Jeff Fairley