flex-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christofer Dutz (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (FLEX-34849) adding flex-messaging-core as a maven dependency gives a wrong dependency
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 07:42:17 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34849?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14558798#comment-14558798
] 

Christofer Dutz commented on FLEX-34849:
----------------------------------------

Ok so I just did another check. It turns out the dependency is needed in order to compile
a class called ExcludeDoclet which seems to be created during the old ANT build. Here it seems
to be used during the Ant JavaDoc generation. When using Maven we don't need this (and even
don't have this) class at all and therefore the testsuite runs fine without the class and
without the dependency. So I guess we're safe to remove that dependency completely :-)

> adding flex-messaging-core as a maven dependency gives a wrong dependency 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLEX-34849
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34849
>             Project: Apache Flex
>          Issue Type: Dependency upgrade
>          Components: BlazeDS
>    Affects Versions: BlazeDS 4.7
>         Environment: eclipse luna, maven 3.3
>            Reporter: Peter Bierman
>            Priority: Minor
>
> When adding this dependency to my pom.xml inside elipse luna building a project which
includes blazeds:
> 	<dependency>
> 		<groupId>org.apache.flex.blazeds</groupId>
> 		<artifactId>flex-messaging-common</artifactId>
> 		<version>4.7.0</version>
> 	</dependency>
> gives the following error:
> Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
> Missing artifact com.sun:tools:jar:jdk-version	pom.xml Maven Dependency Problem
> now the tools.jar is automaticcaly added through the jdk but it seems somewhere in the
dependency list the text 'jdk-version' is still present instead of the real version number
like 1.6, 1.7 or 1.8.
> I'm no maven expert but probably somewhere there are some missing curly brackets ({jdk-version})
or something which makes the text hard coded instead of evaluated.
> as a workaround I added the tools.jar to my local repository through the following command
(from inside my jdk lib folder):
> c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\lib>mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun
>  -DartifactId=tools -Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=jdk-version -Dfile=tools.jar -Dgen
> eratePom=true



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message