flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex SDK 4.16.1 - RC2*
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 06:32:33 GMT

> My suggestion is to vote +1 and ship this release since this is not a new
> issue.

And I'd suggest fixing this before making a release. But if the release gets three +1 votes
and more +1’s than -1’s then that’s a release.

> I think there are code page issues in the source files.  Volunteers can
> work it out later for the next release.  Let's get our users a release
> that more of them can use.  IMO, releases do not have to be perfect.

More of them can use? Not so sure about that. From Google Analysis (for the past year) 60%
or so of our users use a locale other than en_US.

How many would be effected by this encoding issue? I’m not sure as I’m don’t know all
locales that have an issue but en_GB is 5% of users.