flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex SDK 4.16.1 - RC2*
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 06:17:05 GMT
My suggestion is to vote +1 and ship this release since this is not a new
issue.

I think there are code page issues in the source files.  Volunteers can
work it out later for the next release.  Let's get our users a release
that more of them can use.  IMO, releases do not have to be perfect.

My 2 cents,
-Alex

On 11/20/17, 10:13 PM, "Piotr Zarzycki" <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com> wrote:

>We are using everywhere: JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS -Dfile.encoding=UTF8, your
>suggestion is to use JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS ISO-8859 in the bundles builds ? Am
>I understand correctly.
>
>Piotr
>
>2017-11-21 7:11 GMT+01:00 Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just the opposite. I have compiled your example with 4.16 and 4.15 and
>>we
>> have exactly same issue.
>>
>> Thanks, Piotr
>>
>> 2017-11-21 7:03 GMT+01:00 Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> > It looks like this was also a problem in 4.16.0.  Can you confirm?
>>>
>>> Doesn’t look like it from a quick look but I’ve not tried to compile
>>> against it (yet).
>>>
>>> 4.16.1 vs VC gives:
>>>
>>> diff -w -r *src ~/flex-sdk | grep currencySymbol
>>> < currencySymbol=
>>> > currencySymbol=?
>>>
>>> 4.16.0 vs VC gives no differences.
>>>
>>> Also the file types match 4.16.0 and what’s in version control (but
>>>it's
>>> not UTF-8):
>>>
>>> 4.16.1 RC:
>>> $file apache-flex-sdk-4.16.1-src/frameworks/projects/framework/bun
>>> dles/en_GB/SharedResources.properties
>>> UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
>>>
>>> VC:
>>> $file /Users/justinmclean/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/b
>>> undles/en_GB/SharedResources.properties
>>> ISO-8859 text
>>>
>>> 4.16.0:
>>> file /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.16/frameworks/proj
>>> ects/framework/bundles/en_GB/SharedResources.properties
>>> ISO-8859 text
>>>
>>> Perhaps the SharedResources.properties has been incorrectly converted
>>>to
>>> UTF-8 when it actually should be ISO-8859? (The pound sign is character
>>> 163.) Perhaps we have a mix of text encodings for resource files?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Justin
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> Patreon: 
>>*https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pat
>>reon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7C%7C48d5b41ff9e0474bbb7008d530a6ff
>>79%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636468416174018287&sdata=
>>%2BwIrnlUmTuWoolrB163Lm76rbc5ehA%2Bp6jIVcshmxZU%3D&reserved=0
>> 
>><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pat
>>reon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7C%7C48d5b41ff9e0474bbb7008d530a6ff
>>79%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636468416174018287&sdata=
>>%2BwIrnlUmTuWoolrB163Lm76rbc5ehA%2Bp6jIVcshmxZU%3D&reserved=0>*
>>
>
>
>
>-- 
>
>Piotr Zarzycki
>
>Patreon: 
>*https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patr
>eon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7C%7C48d5b41ff9e0474bbb7008d530a6ff79
>%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636468416174018287&sdata=%2B
>wIrnlUmTuWoolrB163Lm76rbc5ehA%2Bp6jIVcshmxZU%3D&reserved=0
><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patr
>eon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7C%7C48d5b41ff9e0474bbb7008d530a6ff79
>%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636468416174018287&sdata=%2B
>wIrnlUmTuWoolrB163Lm76rbc5ehA%2Bp6jIVcshmxZU%3D&reserved=0>*

Mime
View raw message