flex-dev mailing list archives

From Yishay Weiss <yishayj...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:33:14 GMT

> For migration : As a customer, I don't think migration is a real option.

I can’t say I agree with that. The business logic is almost seamlessly ported. The UI is
more involved but still pretty similar.

Also, most examples one sees these days are using the Basic component set. I can envision
a component set that will be targeted at migration that will make it pretty easy to do, and
certainly easier than rewriting in JS/HTML.

I have to say that I don’t see Flex as a liability, but rather Flash. When you see these
guys acting awkward when you mention Flex it’s probably because they’re thinking of Flash.
But I haven’t done any market research so it’s basically speculation.