flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ginneberge <p.ginnebe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the FlexJS Fork
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:30:00 GMT

I kept repeating "Bead" over and over in my head and all of a sudden turned it
into "Beadle", which I think has a much nicer ring to it.

Then looked it up and apparently it's an existing word (didn't think it was,
but then again, English isn't my native language).

Beadle: sometimes spelled "bedel", is an official of a church or synagogue who
may usher, keep order, make reports, and assist in religious functions; or a
minor official who carries out various civil, educational, or ceremonial duties.

On 19/09/2017 23:09, Alex Harui wrote:
> That's a valid point, although I keep hoping we'll hit on a name that
> makes everyone go "Yeah!".
> I had the idea to look into obscure god/deity.
> I found some references to:
> Arazu:  Babylonian god of completed construction
> Kulla:  Sumero-Babylonian brick-god
> MuĊĦdam: the divine architect at the outset when laying a foundation for a
> building
> There is already a company called Arazu Web Design and App Development.  I
> would take the diacritics off and just use Musdam and it is also spelled
> Musdamma
> Thoughts?
> -Alex
> On 9/19/17, 1:30 PM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
>> Isn't it about time to reduce the number of names we're considering, not
>> think of more? With the VOTE already running and such...
>> EdB

View raw message