flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: FlexJS Closure warnings
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:15:39 GMT
Some are from Closure Library. I haven't really looked into why.  I don't
think we are on the absolute latest, so we might need to move there.

Others are from our code because we are now annotating the
Object.defineProperties getter/setters with @type information, but we
don't force the inclusion of the types used by getter/setters in the
output.  So, a simple getter of some interface type where the interface
isn't ever really used can cause such a warning.  So does references to
WrappedHTMLElement which is just a fake type we use at compile time.  We
need to decide whether to suppress those warnings, or fatten the output by
including types only referenced by getter/setters that aren't referenced
in elsewhere, including their method bodies, or probably, indicate in the
code which ones can be suppressed or rewritten to not cause a warning.
Haven't thought about it too much as this was part of seeing if
minification could act as obfuscation.  Not sure if we've reached a
conclusion on that either.