flex-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-falcon] [refs/heads/develop] - compiler-jx: Added -js-default-initializers option to force uninitialized variables to default to the same values in JS as they do in SWF.
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 22:00:24 GMT
I hate this Macbook’s touch top bar which puts a send button directly above the delete key.

> On Aug 2, 2017, at 2:50 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> A peanut gallery look at NaN which is really a bit encoding for various kinds of floating
point number errors like underflow, overflow, divided by 0, etc. In my Fortran past life we
used XMISS as a special valu

Value. Essentially undefined.

IEEE had very particular definitions and Apple published a book about SANE.

At any rate what you guys are observing is by design: NaN always results in false in any comparison.
And it is a number. But it is not a number in floating point so much as it is an error condition.

My father complained about when the IBM 360 came out in the early 1960’s he had to go to
doubles because the IBM architecture went from 6 - 6 bit words for a single to 4 - 8 bit words.
The practical result was twice as much magnetic tape both length and number of reals.

>> On Aug 1, 2017, at 3:21 PM, Greg Dove <greg.dove@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes it does. NaN is an 'instance' of the Number type (even though it is
>> 'Not a Number' ;)  )
>> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Interesting.
>>> I’m not sure that I realized that NaN passes that test. Does it?
>>> it

View raw message