flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject FlexJS Random crazy thought
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:11:55 GMT
I was thinking about how we could increase adoption of FlexJS and I had a thought:

How crazy would it be to make Falcon understand TypeScript?

TypeScript is currently very popular for many of the reasons that we like ActionScript. The
difference is that ActionScript is not the current fad. There are also many js libraries written
in TypeScript.

If FalconJX would be able to compile .as files alongside .ts files, TypeScript code could
become first-class citizens in the FlexJS ecosystem. That would accomplish two things:

1. TypeScript code could be used as-is in a project.
2. It would make FlexJS an option for many TypeScript developers and give FlexJS a shot at
vastly increased adoption.

View raw message