flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] stopImmediatePropagation
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2017 21:41:23 GMT
Oh.It seems like there’s an official way to do this:
BrowserEvent.prototpye.getBrowserEvent()

> On Jul 24, 2017, at 12:34 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bah!
>
> I just discovered another issue with this branch.
>
> The goog.BrowserEvent “event_” property is renamed when the code is minified. Without
hacking the goog code, using that property is not gonna work…

>> On Jul 23, 2017, at 1:44 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com <mailto:harbs.lists@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I feel like I went down the rabbit hole with this…
>>
>> I think MouseEvent needs to work much like BrowserEvent in that it proxies to the
underlying event to get properties, coordinates, etc.

>> What I’m not really sure about is what happens if you want to dispatch a MouseEvent
on an element? (i.e. myButton.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent(MouseEvent.CLICK)))

>> Is that something which currently works? How should it work? Should localX and localY
be user-settable?

>> There’s also some code in MosueEvent in getScreenX and getScreenY which calculates
_stagePoint using localToGlobal. I’m not sure that makes sense either. Assuming we can rely
on the native event, there’s no need to do those calculations ourselves. I can not find
a single use of MouseEvent anywhere, so I don’t have any way of confirming that this ever
worked or did anything. Was it ever used in any of the examples?

>>> https://github.com/google/closure-library/blob/608e0eaaa42bb5f041a7f067f254907d47edf7d1/closure/goog/events/eventtarget.js#L371