flex-dev mailing list archives

From Allen YANG <allen.y...@raritan.com>
Subject RE: [FlexJS] question about porting an Adobe Flex 3 project to HTML+JS
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:43:12 GMT
Hi Piotr,

Thank you so much!  This works very nicely.
Following your instruction I was able to build and run the SearchBox successfully.
I will study your codes and the files that guide the build process in more details tonight.
This is very helpful.

Hi Josh: to make sure I have the latest version of asconfigc, I also ran "npm install -g asconfigc".

Best Regards,
Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: piotrz [mailto:piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:24 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: RE: [FlexJS] question about porting an Adobe Flex 3 project to HTML+JS

Hi Allen,

I just look into your project and change it in order to give you starting point. [1]

1) You was not able to properly build cause you didn't have some classes:
- SearchClass - You did add it but it was not enough
- ISearchable - It was missing I've added it as a mock up
2) I was not able to run build through VSCode: It constantly reported:
"Unknown compiler option: targets"

"targets": [
            "JSFlex"
        ]

So in that case I've changed tasks.json in order to launch maven build through VSCode - take
a look into that file and still use VSCode.

3) I've changed pom.xml - cause you are working on project SampleSearchBox I had to change:

<artifactId>SampleSearchBox</artifactId>

Point main class: <mainClass>SampleSearchBox.mxml</mainClass>

4) If you hit CTRL + SHIFT + B - You will run maven build (run:
target\javascript\bin\js-debug\index.html")
5) If you hit F5 - you will run Maven build + run application in debugging mode in Chrome
(launch.json allows you to do that)
6) If you would like to use some other module from FlexJS for example express - go to pom.xml
and add dependency :)

Let me know whether it is working for you.

[1] https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApVpLyjpHDC20RLgviwW9Uvdzva3

Thanks, Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

________________________________

Ce message, ainsi que tous les fichiers joints à ce message, peuvent contenir des informations
sensibles et/ ou confidentielles ne devant pas être divulguées. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
de ce message (ou que vous recevez ce message par erreur), nous vous remercions de le notifier
immédiatement à son expéditeur, et de détruire ce message. Toute copie, divulgation, modification,
utilisation ou diffusion, non autorisée, directe ou indirecte, de tout ou partie de ce message,
est strictement interdite.

This e-mail, and any document attached hereby, may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized, direct or
indirect, copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof
is strictly forbidden.