flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject [FlexJS] MouseEvent
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:49:02 GMT
I've been doing work with Drag and Drop and that involves mouse events. I'm wondering if someone
could give me a history on the Apache FlexJS MouseEvent? Specially, its use of localX/Y and
screenX/Y.

I'm wondering why the platform implements do not simply assign their version of screenX/Y
as the screenX/Y values instead of the screenX/Y being getter functions?

I've run into cases where the localX/Y == screenX/Y in the FlexJS MouseEvent but the original
event had different values.

Why would we not want the FlexJS MouseEvent to reflect the platform's mouse event values?

SWF: flexJSMouseEvent.screenX = swfMouseEvent.stageX;
JS: flexJSMouseEvent.screenX = jsMouseEvent.pageX;

Thanks.
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project