flex-dev mailing list archives

From Yishay Weiss <yishayj...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [FlexJS] findPopupHost issue
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 04:59:17 GMT
I think there’s confusion over what a popup host is. A popup host is where you would add
an IPopUp. UIUtils.findPopUpHost(myComp as IUIBase) finds the closest ancestor for myComp
to which a popup can be added. These lines from ComboBoxView demonstrate the usage:

                           var popupHost:IPopUpHost = UIUtils.findPopUpHost(_strand as IUIBase);
                           popupHost.addElement(list);

Regarding Prashant’s issue, an application is usually in itself an IPopUpHost so there’s
no need to use that function on an app.

From: piotrz<mailto:piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:31 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>
Subject: [FlexJS] findPopupHost issue

Hi Team,

Prashant on users list raised an issue with UIUtils.findPopUpHost(this as
IUIBase) [1]. I did quick look into that and I think we should have in
findPopUpHost(start:IPopupHost) instead findPopUpHost(start:IUIBase) or Am I
miss something ?

[1]
http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/FlexJS-findPopUpHost-Issue-td15474.html

Thanks,