flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] Debugging minified code
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:03:27 GMT
Never mind. There was an error in my app that was preventing the minification and the step
that renames things.

It is renamed, but to legible names. This should prove very useful! :-)

Interesting to note: Even after renaming and combining lots of lines (pretty printing is still
VERY dense), my app is still over 62,000 lines. It’s pretty impressive how well the compilers
do with an app of this size. :-)

Harbs

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 4:53 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks. That does in fact work.
>
> Here’s what I used:
> -js-compiler-option='--formatting PRETTY_PRINT --debug'
>
> Of course, I’m not sure how helpful this is because it looks like nothing has been
renamed. Every bug I’ve encountered that was specific to minified code was due to renaming
in some way…