flex-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] technical debt
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2017 03:27:22 GMT
OK got it.

Before you accuse anyone (even if you expressed doubt) do you have a way to determine who
made the change to the Sonar Cube configuration? Does Infrastructure?

Did anyone on the Flex project make any changes?

Regards,
Dave

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 8:18 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> My discussion was around procedures related to technical debt.
>
> And you would agree the Sonar Cube configuration relates to that?
>
>> Keep in mind that this is all my opinion as part of the PMC. If others don't agree
then there is not yet consensus.

> Which is why as suggested I’m trying to document [1] and get consensus on what we can
do before changing the configuration.

>> I'm not sure about the profile. Please take a look at the commits and you should
question and discuss that change separately on TECHNICAL merits.

> There are no commits (it's not under version control) but just options in the Sonar web
interface, there's was no discussion and no email to the list about these changes.

> Note that the changes effect ALL Apache projects using Sonar Cube (using that default
profile) not just the Flex project so that should be reason enough to reset it back to the
way it was. I did suggest to creating a new profile.

> For a technical point of view there are a number of useful rules that have been disabled
i.e. rules that pick up issues like this: for (var i:int =0; i < someArray.length; i++)
where someArray.length should be defined outside the loop for performance reasons.

> So consider this a -1 (veto) with valid reason as stated above and unless someone has
a good technical reason why those all those rules were disabled for all projects I suggest
they be reverted.