flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] technical debt
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 01:37:35 GMT
Hi,

> Harbs:
based on the reports.

I think you would agree that it doesn’t matter what tool you use to find issues and a blanket
statement like that is like saying you must use a particular IDE to edit your code. Sonar
cube is a tool that can find bugs and issue in code - why not use it to do that?

>>> You are free to review any commits and I make and veto any them on their technical
merits. You are not free to revert any changes without discussion or a veto. Everyone is free
to scratch their own itch here and the tools you use to find any issues should be irrelevant.

Harbs has recently on several occasions has reverted my commits (usually under another check
in message) without discussion or a valid veto. I was just reminding him that's not the way
to do things.

>> Here we have the catch. Apache projects also operate by consensus and as volunteers.
If one individual works against consensus and also takes peoples time away then problems arise
with the community dynamic. RTC has been suggested precisely because it is one way to solve
this issue. There are other ways.

>> Consensus is very important please work on that aspect of this discussion.

In this case consensus may not be required on exactly how Sonar Cube is configured given most
of the rules are minor violations then you can choose to ignore them if you please. What would
be useful to to have consensus around the critical and blocking rules and as you say this
may take a little time.

> Think about “other ways”. The project does not appear interested in following RTC.

Which I am. For instance it looks like there wasn’t full consensus on using hard coded string
vs constants for event names so I suggested having a vote on it.

Thanks,
Justin