flex-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@gmail.com>
Subject [FalconJX] Slower builds after dual merge
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 14:49:33 GMT
Some folks mentioned that the compiler has gotten slower after the dual
merge. I recall that it's true even with a debug build and only a single
target. It occurred to me that this could be because the compiler writes
significantly more to the console in 0.8 than it did in previous versions.
Now, I understand that this is useful for debugging the compiler, so I
understand if we don't want to remove it. However, I wonder if most of the
console output should be skipped by default, and some kind of -verbose=true
flag can be set when it's needed.

- Josh