flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/tlf] - Reverted strict equality
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 20:20:50 GMT
Coincidentally I bumped into this today.

While working on a feature we were porting over, we had a RTE due to a value unexpectedly
being NaN. I was able to quickly look back through the stack trace to find where there was
arithmetic done with an undefined (due to a an uninitialized value being used) and was able
to locate the error quickly.

Our specific case was one where there was not getter defined at all for the value.

> On Jun 25, 2017, at 8:30 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> However, after thinking about this some more, I’m not sure that the SWF behavior is
actually desirable. Adding an uninitiated object to a Number is probably symptomatic of a
bug. Getting a result of NaN is probably better than the null object resolving to 0.