flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Private properties are undefined in JS and null in AS
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2017 07:30:53 GMT

> Do you find cycles to perform some tests and present numbers?

There are existing tests out there see for example JSPerf.com [1]

For instance on Safari != vs !== and == vs === is 99% slower (yikes!) when comparing different
types. Chrome give similar results.

Now hopefully most comparison are between the same types so I’m not expecting order of magnitude
difference in perfomrance.

The changes I made to recently gave a 250% speed increase for our application as profiled
in Chrome. So I think this is certainly something to seriously consider SDK wide.

1. https://jsperf.com/triple-equals-vs-double-equals/3
View raw message