flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] more on undefined / non initialised values
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2017 08:41:46 GMT
var start = Date.now();
var val;
for(var i=0;i<1000000;i++){

V8 (Node.js and Chrome) seems to optimize this loop out, so you can do a billion iterations
really fast. Firefox gives a more realistic indication of performance:

This takes about 700 ms for a million iterations on my machine. Setting it once instead of
twice cuts off about 100ms.

> On Jun 11, 2017, at 10:56 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Safe, but inefficient at times.
> So far I not seen any inefficiency in fact the opposite. But sure there may be specific
cases that perform better, please post any you find to the list.