flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - Fix merge error removing support for numeric font size.
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 07:26:53 GMT
Hi,

But you did agreed that the code in question should stay in CSSValuesImpl.

From you last email in that thread:

"I agree with Justin on this. I don’t see why numeric font weights is different than backgroundImage
for example. Not every app uses backgroundImage, but it should work if used. The same should
be for numeric font weights considering fontWeight is a supported style.

If anything, I could hear an argument that the simplest implementation should be even simpler
than it currently is and only handle strings which could be used without conversion. The “simplest
useful implementation” should contain Justin’s fix.”

Serval other people also agreed in that thread the code should stay in that class as it’s
fixing a bug with an existing style rather than adding new functionallity.

Greg did have a suggestion that involved renaming the existing class and breaking it up but
no has got around to doing that yet.

Thanks,
Justin