flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Compiler Options (was Re: [5/5] git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/release0.8.0] - distribution: updated -config.xml files used by Maven distribution because they were out of date)
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 18:36:35 GMT

On 5/15/17, 11:13 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>No IntelliJ doesn’t do that and it doesn’t need to do it. The
>Maven-plugin-plugin (A maven plugin to compile maven plugins) does this.
>It generates a file called META-INF/maven/plugin.xml which contains the
>parameters and their types. Nothing more to it.

Good to know.  Thanks.

>Also, I don’t quite get the problem with the config files. Why is it
>needed to change anything here besides eventually updating the templates.
>Is it the problem in the distribution? What I did there was an attempt to
>get the maven distribution to work in IDEs … we can definitely change
>things here.

AIUI, for years there has been one flex-config-template.xml in the
flex-asjs/frameworks folder.  When you want to change defaults you change
it there.  Now there is also one in flex-falcon as well, which doesn't
quite seem right to me.  Would be nice if there was just one canonical
copy.  Plus, I think what is in flex-config-template.xml also ends up in a
pom.xml somewhere as well, in order to set the defaults for Maven.

Of course, I could be wrong.

-Alex