flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Problem with the Mavenizer and Air >= 24 on macs
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 15:07:00 GMT

On 5/5/17, 8:02 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>Well I guess I could probably do that, but I am no fan of this. The
>Mavenizer is platform independent and is generally able to provide the
>Mac SDK on a Windows machine. Also, there are major drawbacks when
>starting OS processes from within a Java VM. That’s why my implementation
>should be able to unpack the DMGs on any platform.

Up to you.  I agree it isn't perfect.  I'm just trying to save you time.
The odds a DMG will need to be unpacked on other platforms is close to
zero, IMO.  IIRC, the utility we use in the installer pops up a status
window.  Not sure if that will mess up the Mavenizer.  If you have a Mac,
you can try running the installer to see.

-Alex