flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: flexjs of new how use the js.swc?
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 05:29:32 GMT
Hi,

> And I also took the time to remove the ASF headers from the patches which
> is what you thought was right last release apparently wasn't so.

Sorry Alex but please don’t misrepresent what I have stated on this list. I've stated they
should of had MIT headers / that the MIT license text be added. See (for instance) my -1 vote
on the last release as it was missing the required MIT license text [1].

It generally expected that any issues with previous release are fixed before the next release.
This issue has be known about for a long time (over a year) and was originally raised two
release ago. I have offered several times to fix this and as discussed there is a very easy
fix that makes the issue at worse a documentation issue rather than a licensing one. i.e.
just add the MIT header.

I'll also note other PMC members at the time agreed to add the MIT header and legal discuss
has since confirmed that is the preferred course of action.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/013d7d58896d066bcb1f68d3e2935f5c25c83106c4a208f2e3a9c6d9@%3Cdev.flex.apache.org%3E