flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Compiler Options (was Re: [5/5] git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/release0.8.0] - distribution: updated -config.xml files used by Maven distribution because they were out of date)
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 14:27:36 GMT
Hi guys,

Having had my first coffee of the day I think I am ready to operate under normal parameters

Unfortunately, I seem to have missed quite a lot of discussion. So, let me please sum up what
I understood.

There seems to be problems with the templates in the maven plugin (that are used to generate
the config files). Initially I copied the config files of the frameworks and added configuration
options to the plugin for only those options I saw being used in the Ant build. Over time
I added more and more config options, but not all. Ideally all options should be available
in the configuration, defaulting to the values in the original config files.

So now the problem is keeping these defaults in sync with changed done in the templates used
by FlashBuilder and Ant … correct?

Alex correctly noticed that if you add non-existing config options to the plugin configuration,
Maven simply ignores that. However we shouldn’t use that to pass though information. In
IntelliJ a pom would be completely red and it could be problematic to get access to the configuration
options as Maven is completely ignoring them. One option I see that could be interesting,
would be to provide a configuration option that we can add additional configuration to. So,
in the plugin config we would have an “additionalConfiguration” element that can contain
xml tags. This should be quite easy to implement and maintain. But we should not rely on this
to keep the maven configs in sync with the ant ones. If the defaults change, these changes
should be forwarded to the maven plugins defaults as it’s one of Mavens base principals
that the default case should require almost no configuration at all.

Am 14.05.17, 16:03 schrieb "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com.INVALID>:

    On 5/14/17, 8:07 AM, "piotrz" <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com> wrote:
    >I'm building app through the Moonshine pointing to distribution, as an
    Ah yes, that is in fact the reason the compiler is reading flex-config.
    The "distribution" is an attempt to have Maven generate a package that is
    Ant and command-line friendly.
    I suppose it is nice to be able to generate such a thing, but the Ant
    build not only knows how to do this, but it can also run some basic tests
    on the Ant tasks via Ant along the way.
    Seems to me like we could rely on the Ant build to generate Ant artifacts
    and an SDK for IDE users that will be using Ant, and ponder what an SDK
    would look like for IDE users that want to use Maven from their IDEs and
    have the distribution generate that.  I think there are Maven builders
    that might plug into Flash Builder's embedded Eclipse install.  Don't know
    about the other IDEs.
    Of course, I could be wrong...

View raw message