flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Contributions / SonarCube (was odd headers)
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 23:15:47 GMT
Hi,

> Absolutely want to see more discussion about the 9 or 13 points from
> ApacheCon.  I don't agree that discussing trace statements, inlining
> constants, and empty constructors will bring in more contributors.
> Getting quality releases out encourages more contributors.

Well actually the issues above is one of the points on that ApacheCon list. It about code
quality and Sonar Cube reports. SonarCube flags the above items as critical / major issues.

A lot of the things reported by SonarCube are easy to fix and it's a very easy way for people
to contribute especially if they are not confident in making changes to the SDK or know the
code base well. In some case you wouldn’t even need to know AS or Java well to make the
suggested changes.

Now same of these changes are needed, some may not be, and some we should ignore but you usually
uncover issues or bugs when looking at them - as I did the other day. You may not agree with
how it categorised things and perhaps the reports need some filtering / tuning but if so lets
discuss that here.

Here’s the SonarCube links for those interested - and yes it also scans the framework AS
code.
https://builds.apache.org/analysis/overview?id=2461
https://builds.apache.org/analysis/overview?id=20942

There’s  currently a large number of issues for those above projects including a small number
of what it thinks are blocking/critical bugs and security vulnerabilities.

It’s also very easy to set up and run locally for people working on their own FlexJS applications.

> Getting some production apps out there will bring in more contributors.

There are several people on this list working on FlexJS applications myself included. Our
application is currently in production (soft launch) and I gave a talk about the development
of it at ApacheCon.

Thanks,
Justin