flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] State of the examples
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:58:35 GMT
Thanks for looking into this.

Between Peter’s changes to layouts and Alex’s changes to requires, things are much more
fragile than they were.

Both sets of changes will be good once ironed out, but there’s still work to do to get there.

I’ve been getting weird errors related to missing dependencies and requires. I need to come
up with some simple test cases to demonstrate them though.

Getting all the examples to compile and work is probably the best way to see if we can get
these issues resolved.

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 5:33 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Today I finally found some time to investigate why the Maven Jenkins Build is red for
over 10 days now. It turns out that one of my integration-tests was failing.
> So, I thought that this might be related to some recent refactoring reducing the number
of divs and generally the structure of the generated HTML and all I would have to do is to
adjust some selectors.

> So, I fired up the integration-test tomcat and had a look at the application.
>
> Right now, I’m only testing FlexJSStore and the HelloWorld in my rudimentary test-suite.
And FlexJSStore seems completely broken. I can see the logo and three buttons, but nothing
is happening if I click on one of them. So, it seems my little integration-test is doing its
job nicely. Unfortunately, right now I have no clue at why it’s not working and I’m still
filled up with a shi*load of work for my paid job. It would however be great if you could
have a look and eventually fix what’s broken.

> -          ChartExample (is an empty browser window, but I know you’re still working
on this)

> -          DataBindingExample (Doesn’t seem to get a quote)
>
> -          DataBindingExample_as (Same … but additionally layout seems changed/broken)
>
> -          DataBindingExample_Flat (Same as DataBindingExample)
>
> -          FlexJSStore (Only the logo and three buttons displayed and these have no function)
>
> -          FlexJSStore_jquery (Only the logo and three buttons displayed and these have
no function)

> -          FlexTeamPage_MDL (Empty browser page)
>
> -          FlexWebsiteStatsViewer (Doesn’t get/display any stats)
>
> -          MobileTrader (Buttons don’t seem to be doing anything)
>
> -          TeamPage (All text in one line, can’t scroll)
>
> -          TodoListSampleApp (All entries seem to be in one place above the list …
no list shown)

> Right now, it seems as if most of our examples no longer work. I think we should make
sure they do. And I think it would be worth investing more time in creating some Integration
tests, which rudimentary test our applications. I doubt we will make people fond of FlexJS
if most of our examples don’t work. Or is there just some work in progress and things will
be running smoothly in a few days?