flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject [FlexJS] non-primitive static consts
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 03:40:49 GMT
Currently initializing non-primitive static types are a big no-no in FlexJS. It causes all
kinds of javascript runtime errors due to non-defined types depending on the order of loaded
files.

I think this is an area which needs some improvement. The improvement can take two variations:

1. We can simply disallow initializing non-primitive types at compile time, so at least there
will be a compile-time warning of potential problems.
2. We can somehow allow these initializations.

I’m not sure if #2 is possible, but it would definitely be preferred to #1 if it is.

Thoughts?

Harbs