flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.8.0
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:25:36 GMT

> If Adobe owns the copyright, then Adobe can relicense the code in any way
> that they want.

I believe It's a bit more nuanced than that.

For instance. If I take 3rd party code and make changes to it, the changes are under my copyright
(unless I give that up), but that doesn't allow me to change the 3rd party license (unless
the license allows that). And any contribution I make to an Apache project I own the copyright
on but that doesn’t give me the right to change the licensing of those files to something
non Apache.

And even if Adobe has the right to remove the 3rd party header/license in question that still
may not be line with ASF policy on 3rd party files. [1]

Anyway I’ve asked on legal discuss so we should get an answer there.

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers <https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers>